LENT 2014 BEGINS ON ASH WEDNESDAY, MARCH 5
Ideas of things to do...
- Participate in Fasting & Abstinence
- Make a Holy Hour of Adoration
- Attend Solemn Vespers and Benediction of the Most Blessed Sacrament
- Go to Confession
- Pray the Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet
- Attend Sunday School or other religious education classes
- Read the Bible and Lives of the Saints
- Attend Daily Mass
- Participate in Works of Mercy
- Volunteer at church
- Make a financial sacrifice to the church
- Do something nice for someone anonymously
Small steps are best...don't bite off more than you can chew...be faithful in little things.
Rummage Sale, Flea Market, and Bake Sale
Saturday, March 1
At St. Paschal Church on North 7th Street, West Monroe, benefitting St. Vincent DePaul Society Pharmacy - from 7:00 a.m. until noon. Available for sale will be home décor items, dishes, pots and pans, toys, Knick knacks, what-nots and lightly used clean clothing in good condition. Also for sale will be baked goods, breads, cakes and pies.
If you have items you can donate for the sale, please bring them by the church on Friday, February 28 between noon and 5:00 p.m. Your help is needed to make this project the success that it needs to be. Please help by donating items for sale or furnishing baked goods. For further information you can call 381-9670
ULM CATHOLIC STUDENT CENTER 11TH ANNUAL LENTEN FISH FRY
March 7, 14, 21, 28 & April 4, 11
$8.00 per plate/ Students $6.00 Serving 11:00a - 1:00p Includes: Fish, French Fries, Cole Slaw, Hush Puppies, and Dessert Donations support Catholic Student Center at ULM
- 911 University Avenue
- Phone: 343-4897 Fax: 343-4812
- Drive-Up Service Available￼
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN TRAINING
- Jesus the Good Shepherd Church in Monroe
- Thursday, March 27th from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
If you would like to work with the children/youth in any of our programs, you must first have this training. Fr. Richard recommends that all parishioners attend this training Go to www.VIRTUS.org to register. If you are not comfortable using a computer, please contact Susan Guthrie for additional information.